You have made the decision to get your body in shape without harming your health. And if you want to do it with great pleasure, then yoga classes for weight loss will be a good option for you.
A set of exercises, as well as a special life philosophy called yoga, will help not only to make the body leaner, more flexible and mobile, but also to change your attitude towards life, emotional and psychological state in a stressful situation.
Because of such multifaceted effects, many people prefer yoga as one of the most effective ways to lose weight.
How does yoga fight overweight?
Weight loss yoga has the characteristics of yoga to keep the body in physical shape or yoga for psychological relaxation and relaxation. Such classes include the following main factors:
- There is a significant acceleration of metabolism in the body, which improves metabolism, and fat cells are not stored in reserves, but are burned several times faster, starting the process of losing weight. The increase in metabolism is due to a special set of exercises called shatkarma. Their main task is to cleanse and ensure the supply of the cells of the human body with the maximum possible amount of oxygen. Once you understand the basic principle of proper breathing in a yoga class for weight loss, you can feel a sense of lightness. After that, the habit of proper breathing becomes everyday.
- There is a complete revision of diet and eating habits - a person acquires useful skills in eating extremely healthy products, in small portions, usually at the same time, which leads to rapid weight loss.
- Yoga classes for weight loss provide the necessary physical activity for the whole body, and at the same time do not lead to excessive stress or exhaustion. It is important to understand that it is impossible to completely rule out physical activity, because the most efficient burning of extra calories occurs precisely because of physical exercise. In addition, thanks to yoga for weight loss, certain muscle groups are pumped, the body becomes inflated and elastic. Thanks to persistent training, after a certain period of time you will notice not only a reduction in the number of extra pounds, but also the number of centimeters in the problematic parts of the figure you need.
It makes sense to note that some muscle groups find it very difficult to influence physical exertion, so it is sometimes difficult to achieve weight loss in problem areas. These muscles include the inner thighs or gluteus muscles.
Properly selected set of exercises during yoga will help you to properly distribute the load on the whole body and focus on those problem areas where weight loss is most needed.
Basics of yoga for weight loss
Everyone who decides to lose weight in yoga classes should be prepared for the fact that the weight will not disappear too quickly, but the achieved result will be maintained for a long time. The vague effect of exercise is the reason for the simultaneous formation of body muscle mass with weight loss, when toned and inflated muscles replace the fat layer. Therefore, during yoga classes for weight loss and on the way to the goal, it is better to notice changes in the figure by clothes and centimeters, measuring the volume of the waist, hips and chest. Weight loss will be delayed.
Professional yoga experts who can help you choose an individual set of weight loss exercises, if you wish, can replace most strength exercises with stretching, so that muscle growth can be significantly slowed down. It will be replaced by grace, flexibility, femininity, joint mobility and a general feeling of lightness that accompanies any weight loss.
If, in addition to developing flexibility and losing weight, you also want to achieve muscle definition, then you should pay more attention to strength exercises in training. At the same time, it should not be forgotten that yoga classes are held slowly, harmoniously combining periods of rest and activities. This is a feature of such training - despite the general fatigue, you will feel a wave of strength and energy after the session.
When it comes to good nutrition, most people don’t have to put in the extra effort to lose weight. Surprisingly, the desire to eat unhealthy foods disappears on its own, and the awareness of the need for a proper diet to lose weight comes naturally.
How should yoga be practiced? Yoga weight loss classes
Researchers have concluded that regular weight loss yoga not only brings temporary results, but also reduces stomach volume, which in turn leads to a reduction in the amount of food consumed and the consolidation of a proper diet for a long time. In addition, stress is present in the life of each person to a different extent.
The vast majority of people struggle with their manifestations by constantly consuming food, even if they don’t feel hungry. For such people, the consumption of starchy foods, sweets is simply vital, and such habits lead to weight gain. It is in this case that yoga for weight loss is the best option, because it is not only a set of physical exercises, but also psychological relief, which is why the effect of stress on the human body is minimized.
Contents during class:
- Do not practice yoga on uneven, rough, prickly or other uncomfortable surfaces. This is best done on a smooth surface - the floor. In the cold season, you can use special mats or improvised means - soft blankets, bedding and blankets.
- Weight loss classes must be taken on an empty stomach. Overeating contributes to drowsiness, muscle relaxation and decreased concentration.
- Milder illness, provided you feel good, is not a reason to skip training. If there are more serious health problems - temporary or chronic, classes should be resumed only after consulting a doctor.
- Pregnancy is not a contraindication for yoga, but in this case a special set of exercises should be used, taking into account the condition of the woman and the duration of the pregnancy. You can use ready-made complexes or if you have special wishes regarding the load level, contact a professional trainer to compile a special program.
- During lactation, yoga classes for weight loss are also not contraindicated. They do not affect the amount of milk, have a beneficial effect on the general condition of the body and help to restore physical shape after childbirth and weight loss. However, when it comes to when it is possible to start classes and how much time should pass after the birth of a child, it is a purely individual question, which depends on how the birth went (naturally or by caesarean section), whether there were complications and other factors. In resolving this problem, you should definitely seek advice from a gynecologist or obstetrician who gave birth to a child.
What yoga exercises are suitable for weight loss purposes?
For those people for whom yoga has become a hobby and a way of life, as well as a means to fight excess weight, it should be borne in mind that its main purpose is to keep the body and health in good shape.
At the same time, the level of physical activity that accompanies each workout will help get rid of excess body fat, and regular exercise will help maintain a constant weight level and prevent sudden jumps, which in turn leads to sagging skin, unattractive appearance and general deterioration of human health.
For yoga weight loss classes to be most effective, you should build their system as follows:
- Don’t look for an excuse to skip a workout and don’t avoid exercising during your workout. With persistent effort you can achieve your goals. At the same time, strenuous training will quickly lead to the desired result and weight loss. However, due to age characteristics, medical contraindications and other factors, an individual weight loss program should be selected which, as practice shows, will become much more effective compared to universal exercise complexes.
- If you feel pain in any part of your body after weight loss yoga, be sure to inform your trainer or even consult a doctor. The reason for this may be a latent disease, which may become a contraindication to exercises of this type or increased physical activity in general, or improper performance of any of the proposed exercises. Dyspnoea is the only sensation that can be present after active weight loss training or stretching exercises. You can get rid of it by bathing in warm water. In addition, for some, these feelings are pleasant and indicative that the training is going well and that you are well on your way to your goal.
The main poses of yoga and their meaning in the weight loss process:
- Bending is not difficult to perform, but they have a very beneficial effect on the intestines. Improving its permeability in turn has the most beneficial effect on the metabolic process and the fight against excess weight;
- standing poses - help improve coordination and balance. Thanks to their use, they strengthen the muscles of the back and abdomen, as well as the spine, which contributes to weight loss;
- inverted poses - affect the general condition of the thyroid gland, as well as the back muscles. However, their action must necessarily be mitigated or balanced by softer positions relative to the spinal muscles;
- slopes in different variations are essential components of good stretching;
- Relaxing postures, including meditation, help reduce tension in all muscle groups and, surprisingly, have the best effect on the weight loss process. It is recommended to use such poses not only during training several times a week, but also every day at home, which will help not only to calm the emotions that have accumulated in you during the day, but also to gently relax the muscles, giving them the necessary minimum tone. .
What to look for when practicing yoga
If you have no experience with professionals, weight loss yoga will not be too effective for you, because studying the theory of yoga usually does not lead to understanding its basic principles that can be learned in individual or group sessions with a trainer.
If you have such an experience, then you can continue to train at home, taking into account all previously received recommendations. It should be borne in mind that yoga is not only a set of physical exercises, but a special way and a set of factors that positively affect the result in the form of weight loss. Therefore, while doing this yourself, you should comply with certain conditions:
- Comfortable temperature, well ventilated room;
- Comfortable clothes that should not be too tight on your figure;
- Absence of foreign odors, especially food, which are very often present in the home environment. They can make you focus on your inner world;
- Absence of foreign noise - TV, telephone, running children and other important attributes of the home environment will not give you a sense of peace, and training will not be in full force, which will affect the achievement of results and set goals;
- You need to be sure that you are doing all the exercises correctly, because otherwise you will not only not be able to achieve your weight loss goal, but you are also risking your health. It is desirable that all basic yoga asanas have been mastered, and your trainer has confirmed the quality of their application. And don't think that if no one is watching you at home and forcing you to train, then you can work half-heartedly - it depends on the effort you put into how fast you can lose weight and keep the result for a long time.
Yoga is not only a temporary training, but also a way of life, as well as a healthy habit that is very difficult to get rid of. This is all! We recommend that you read the article on how to lose weight without dieting. See you soon in the new issues.