Maggi diet is a low-calorie food for weight loss that lasts 4 weeks. The daily diet uses foods rich in protein, and the intake of fats and carbohydrates is limited.
The child’s name comes from Margaret’s name, as the diet plan was created by the Mayo Clinic specifically for Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher in the 1980s.
There are two dietary options - egg (based on the use of eggs, fruits, vegetables and meat) and cottage cheese ("dacha"). Maggi diet with cottage cheese is used for allergies to chicken eggs and includes replacing each egg with 100 g of cottage cheese.
If you follow all the diet rules, you can lose 3 to 5 pounds a week. As a rule, during the first week the weight passes by reducing the swelling and releasing excess water from the body, and then the process of losing weight can be slowed down.
For the Maggi egg diet to be more effective for 4 weeks, you must adhere to the following dietary guidelines:
- The daily diet should consist of 3 main meals. In cases of severe hunger, it is allowed to eat one vegetable without starch (carrot, cucumber), but not earlier than 2 hours after the main meal.
- Do not use sugar in any form.
- Include in the menu only those foods that are allowed in the diet and do not disturb the order of meals.
- Drink at least 1. 5 liters of water during the day, including tea and coffee without sugar.
- Do not use vegetable, butter and other types of oils in cooking.
- Don’t overdo it with spices, because spices contain essential little ones that boost appetite.
Should and shouldn't (table)
Foods that can be eaten during a low-calorie diet because they contain the least fat and carbohydrates. In addition to protein products such as eggs and meat, vegetables, mostly raw, are allowed on the menu.
The minimum amount of fruits and berries with low fructose content should be included in the diet of Magee diet. On average, you can eat up to 300 g of one variety of fruit and berries a day.
|Food||What you can eat||What you can't eat / strongxzxtd>|
|Pastry||Yesterday's wholemeal bread||White flour bread and pastries, soft and durum wheat pasta|
|Meat, poultry||Turkey, chicken, rabbit, veal||Lamb|
|Fish||Lean fish (flounder, hake, cod, polka dot, mirok, etc. ), seafood||Mackerel, herring, beluga, seafood, saury, sprats, ribs, sturgeon|
|Dairy products||Low-fat (fat-free) cottage cheese, low-fat cheeses||Fatty cottage cheese, cheese, sugar yoghurts, heavy sour cream|
|Eggs||Hard boiled eggs|
|Cereals||All types of cereal grains|
|Vegetables||Peppers, broccoli, all kinds of cabbage, fermented sauerkraut, carrots, onions, garlic, cucumbers, tomatoes, green peas, mushrooms, spinach, lettuce, sorrel||Potatoes|
|Fruit||Apricot, cherry, plum, blueberry, blackberry, cranberry, lemon, lime, raspberry, strawberry, apple, pear||Bananas, grapes, melons, watermelons|
|Dried Fruit||Dates, figs and other dried fruits|
|Drinks||Tea, coffee||Alcoholic beverages, sugar drinks|
4 weeks of the original Maggi diet menu
The characteristic of the first and second weeks of the Maggi diet is the same breakfast of eggs and fruit, which helps the body to adapt to changes in diet.
Chicken eggs contain protein, healthy fats and vitamins to ensure long-term satiety, so your daily breakfast in the first 14 days should contain 2 hard-boiled eggs, grapefruit, tea or coffee without sugar.
From the beginning of the third week to the end of the diet, breakfast may consist of other items, depending on the recommendations and individual preferences.
- Lunch: one kind of fruit.
- Dinner: low-fat cooked meat with vegetable salad.
- Lunch: boiled chicken breast with vegetables.
- Dinner: whole grain croutons, two eggs, cucumber salad, tomato without oil, grapefruit or orange.
- Lunch: 30-50 g of cheese, whole grain toast, tomato.
- Dinner: steamed fish (300 g) with vegetables.
- Lunch: 350 g of one type of fruit.
- Dinner: cooked meat, vegetable salad with herbs.
- Lunch: 2 eggs, 300 g dishes of your choice (boiled carrots with green peas or stewed zucchini with beans).
- Dinner: 200 g of fish (grilled, baked or cooked), lettuce with cucumbers and Chinese cabbage, grapefruit.
- Lunch: up to 300 g of fruit.
- Dinner: 250 g of meat with vegetable salad of cucumber, tomato, onion and dill.
- Lunch: chicken breast, 150 g of stewed vegetables (cabbage, zucchini, tomato, pepper), fresh tomato, 1 grapefruit.
- Dinner: vegetables of the same type (cabbage or zucchini), cooked by cooking or stewing.
- Lunch: vegetable salad (cucumbers, lettuce, onions) and chicken breast.
- Dinner: two eggs, fresh tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers and herbs, grapefruit.
- Lunch: cooked or roasted meat, fresh vegetables (including lettuce).
- Dinner: two soft-boiled eggs, grapefruit or orange.
- Lunch: grilled meat with cucumbers and tomatoes.
- Dinner: same as previous day.
- Lunch: stew (cabbage, zucchini, carrots), 30 g of cheese, 2 eggs.
- Dinner: two hard-boiled eggs.
- Lunch: any amount of cooked fish.
- Dinner: two soft-boiled eggs.
- Lunch: meat, tomato, one grapefruit.
- Dinner: fruit salad.
- Lunch: stewed or cooked vegetables (carrots, beets, cabbage), poultry, grapefruit.
- Dinner: Like lunch.
At this stage, the Maggi diet is limited to a list of specific foods for each day, of which 4 meals are formed independently.
Monday: Unlimited fruit.
Tuesday: any amount of vegetables (raw and stewed) is allowed.
Wednesday: Fruit salads, raw and steamed vegetables.
Thursday: fish, cucumbers and tomatoes.
Friday: meat or poultry, cooked vegetables.
Saturday: One fruit during the day.
Sunday: same as previous day (other fruits are allowed).
As in the third week of the Maggi diet, the menu lists the daily meal that is divided into meals throughout the day in any order.
- 200 g of meat, fish or poultry,
- 1 piece of toast or bread,
- Tomato (3 pcs. ),
- Cucumbers (4 pcs. ),
- Grapefruit or orange.
- Everything except fruit like the day before
- two fruits of your choice (grapefruit, orange, apple or medium pear).
- 1 tablespoon cottage cheese,
- 200 g low-fat cheese,
- Vegetable stew,
- 2 cucumbers and 2 tomatoes,
- Toast or bread,
- Eat half cooked chicken during the day,
- 3 tomatoes,
- 2 cucumbers,
- 1 whole grain toast,
- Grapefruit and other fruits to choose from.
- Salad with fresh vegetables of your choice,
- 2 hard boiled eggs
- 3 tomatoes,
- 2 cooked breasts,
- Fresh cheese or feta (150 g),
- A glass of yogurt,
- 3 cucumbers and 3 tomatoes,
- Grapefruit or orange.
- canned tuna in its own juice (1 can);
- vegetable stew (200 g);
- spoon of cottage cheese;
- toast or bread
- two tomatoes and a cucumber;
Cessation of diet
A long-term low-calorie diet is a serious burden on the body, so at the end of the fourth week, the subsequent diet should be properly organized.
After completing the Maggi diet, as with other limited carbohydrate meal plans, the likelihood of overeating flour and sugary foods increases.
To avoid overeating after a diet, you should include foods in your diet according to the following principle:
- every 3 days, increase the number of slow carbohydrate meals (buckwheat, bulgur, quinoa, bran, whole grain rye bread) by 20-25 g until the total weight of carbohydrate food reaches 250-200 g per day;
- the amount of starch-free vegetables should be half of the total daily diet;
- you can eat one large fruit or berry in the amount of 100 g every day;
- do not include sweets in the diet, because during the diet the body has lost the habit of sweets, so you should not re-addictive;
- eat 3-4 times a day and reduce the number of snacks at other times;
- do not eat 3 hours before bedtime.
Because the Maggi diet consists of a large amount of protein foods that create additional stress on the kidneys and liver, this diet should not be used by people with pathologies such as:
- renal failure;
- increased uric acid in the blood; gout.
Also, you should not use the Maggi diet for eating disorders (eating disorders), namely, people prone to anorexia, bulimia and overeating disorders, because a low-calorie diet can worsen the eating problem.