Today we will provide an informative overview of weight loss programs for women and men - kefir diet. Whether you use it or not depends on the doctors, the professionals. We suggest just getting acquainted with this next type of dietary restriction. And finally, read the expert opinion.
Perhaps the kefir diet is the most common mono-diet program. It owes its popularity to the general availability and low-calorie content of kefir. Fermented milk product contains substances that gently cleanse the intestinal tract, removing excess water from the body. Weight loss will be followed by faster metabolism.
Despite the seemingly significant positive aspects, there are still negative aspects and it is worth knowing about them.
Why kefir is good for weight loss
Kefir deserves attention, if only because it contains many beneficial bacteria and fungi. This unique set of valuable nutrients helps our digestive tract to function properly and helps you feel full for a long time. The dietary properties of the product deserve special attention. Regular consumption of fermented milk drink also helps to get rid of extra pounds. And all because, as already mentioned, normalizes the work of the gastrointestinal tract. And thanks to that, food is digested faster (accordingly, the result is active weight loss).
But here are some tricks that relate not only to the quality of the drink, but also to its compatibility with other products.
Basic principles of kefir diet
Let's move on to the basic principles dictated by the program:
- The main ingredient is kefir. The fat content is 1%.
- Partial diet involves the use of 6 cups of kefir during the day.
- Follow the drinking norm: drink as much clean water as your body requires. Rarely does this figure exceed a few “prescribed” liters. Heat, significant physical activity - and that may be all.
What to expect from your diet
Most diets are for short-term use. A proper diet, on which you can live for years and decades, must be balanced. But the vast majority of diets are “distorted” in the direction of any nutrients (BZHU), and therefore have a fairly strict time frame. Although you can get rid of a few extra pounds in a short time, the weight will return quickly even after serious restrictions. Nutritionists do not recommend sticking to this express method for a long time.
Days of fasting on kefir are a relatively safe health event whose purpose is to cleanse the body. Don't confuse "unloading" with fasting. By completely refusing food, a person greatly slows down the metabolism, energy is expended very sparingly, and the body tries to keep the weight with all the weights. Losing extra pounds in such a situation will be difficult. Fasting, on the other hand, speeds up metabolism thanks to regularly delivered food.
“Unloading” is often used during diets to move the arrow on the scales when weight loss has stopped.
Advantages and disadvantages
Kefir weight loss program has its advantages and disadvantages. Its main positive aspects include:
- normalization of the digestive tract;
- improving well-being.
And here are the undeniable flaws:
- insufficient intake of nutrients in the body;
- The body receives few calories, so you will have to refrain from physical training during the diet.
The creators of the diet guarantee a loss of 3-7 kilograms in a very short period of time. Maybe this is true. But pay attention, the salt that retains fluid in the body is completely ruled out here. And that means that during the diet period, the diet simply loses a large amount of water. After all, burning so much subcutaneous fat in a few days is simply beyond reach. But when all the pounds lost are water, then the weight will return very quickly.
First of all - individual intolerance. Also, the doctor will advise to refrain from kefir diet for people suffering from gastrointestinal diseases: ulcers, gastritis, colitis and others.
How to make diet kefir
Getting this drink at home is a mere opportunity. Its main difference from the store is the shelf life: at home it is shorter (only one day). This is due to the naturalness of the product.
You will need a liter of 1% cow's milk. The same kefir in the store can serve as yeast.
- heat the milk to 40 degrees Celsius;
- add a tablespoon of kefir;
- immediately after adding the appetizer, pour the mixture into a jar and leave in a warm place for a day;
- after 24 hours the homemade kefir is done.
What products can replace kefir in the diet if you can't use it
Kefir contains milk fungi, which increase the acidity in the stomach. Therefore, diet is contraindicated for people suffering from high levels. But there is a solution to the problem: replacing the fermented milk drink with a special yeast. It is a ready-made mixture containing several types of bacteria. It can be purchased at a pharmacy or specialty stores. At first glance, the mixture does not look alive at all. But the bacteria are simply dried in a special way to extend the shelf life. Once they are in a favorable environment, they come to life. And you get homemade delicious kefir, which can be prepared if you follow the instructions on the package.
Kefir diet options
Nutritionists around the world have developed many types of kefir diet that we will now discuss. However, they differ in terms and limitations. The higher the stiffness, the shorter the duration.
A significant disadvantage of all diets is psychoemotional stress. Are you ready to mentally withstand such a test? The most important thing in dieting is mental attitude. Weight loss should be a conscious and correct goal. If you force your body, forcing yourself on what you don’t really want, you can fall into a state of stress. And this is already threatening long-term depression and the appearance of health problems. Therefore, do not take diet as a duty, but as a benefit to your body.
Kefir diet for 3 days
And here's the hardest (or short-term) option. The diet consists of 1. 5 liters of fat-free kefir and two liters of water.
Unloading a one-day kefir diet
Fasting does not always bring the desired results, but at least such a short program is easier to complete than a long dietary restriction.
The menu here is similar to the previous option.
Winter kefir diet for 3 days
Winter diet is more varied and nutritious than summer. Kefir is used as a snack, for an afternoon snack and before bed: one glass at a time. And the allowed products are as follows:
- chicken eggs;
- carrot casserole;
- chicken fillet;
From this list you can eat any product only once during the whole diet (three days). It’s hard to call this option strict, do you agree? You can lose up to 1 pound a day. But will such a result be long-term? Alas, of course not. After all, this leaves excess fluid, not subcutaneous fat. And it will immediately fill "its capacity" when the restrictions are lifted.
Kefir diet for 5 days
The program is similar to the three-day variant. The difference is in adding one kilogram of fruits or vegetables a day, as well as being able to eat lean meat.
This diet acts as a detoxifier and is well tolerated. At the slightest sign of weakness (weakness, dizziness), the diet should be stopped immediately. The return to your usual diet should be gradual.
Diet for 7 days
This variety is the most popular. The diet consists of 0. 5 liters of fat-free kefir and 400 grams of the following products:
- cottage cheese;
One little "but": you can eat only one of these foods every day.
On the sixth day, the child should be "hungry", that is, you can only drink water, which nutritionists unanimously say: you can't!
From the name of the kefir-apple program, it is already clear that the main ingredients are kefir and apple. This combination should be taken six times a day. The duration of such a diet does not exceed three days.
Longer version of the hard kefir diet for 8 days
As a result of such a program, a loss of about 5 kilograms is expected. You should drink half a liter of kefir every day and eat the following product norm:
- 1 day - 400 grams of potatoes;
- Day 2 - 500 grams of dried fruit: for example, prunes also reduce weight well;
- Day 3 - 500 grams of cottage cheese;
- Day 4 - 500 grams of sour cream;
- Day 5 - 300 grams of chicken fillet;
- Day 6 - any fruit;
- Day 7 - 3 liters of kefir;
- Day 8 - water.
Diet 9 days (3 + 3 + 3)
The diet is quite long and heavy, which is why failures are not excluded. The first three days you need to drink one and a half liters of kefir, dividing them into equal parts. The other three days - one and a half kilograms of apples, the last three days - again one and a half liters of kefir.
Striped kefir diet
The diet is called "striped" because its program is divided into "bright" and "dark" day.
What you can eat on dark days:
- lean meat, fish;
- fruits, vegetables.
The ratio of "bright" days is more modest - 1, 5 liters of low-fat kefir.
Fruit kefir diet
You can follow such a program for no more than five days. The daily dose consists of 1. 5 liters of kefir and one kilogram of fruit. It’s all divided into equal parts.
The diet of the famous singer
The singer's weight loss system consists of combining separate meals with days of fasting on kefir. Carbohydrates here should be eaten separately from protein, and a few days a week to sit on one kefir.
Detailed menu for each day
If your doctor has recommended you and you have decided to try the kefir method, then your diet will look something like the one described below. In the first five days, in addition to the main ingredients, you need to eat 1, 5 liters of kefir.
On the first day you are allowed to eat four potatoes cooked in uniform.
On the second day, you can eat 150 grams of skinless chicken.
On the third day, you can enjoy 200 grams of beef.
150 grams of fillets of cooked white fish.
It will be difficult for meat lovers on Friday, because the diet consists of only one kilogram of apples or vegetables. In summer you can lean on watermelons.
We only go back to low fat water and kefir.
Sunday is the same as Saturday.
Healthy weight loss recipes
We have tried to make a selection of useful recipes for you to help you lose weight quickly and harmlessly, albeit briefly:
- The most common dish prepared on the basis of kefir is ground buckwheat. It is very easy to cook. In the evening you need to wash and steam the cereals. For breakfast, cereals topped overnight are mixed with kefir. Sugar, butter and salt are not added to soaked buckwheat porridge.
- Flax with kefir. The dish has a mild laxative effect. This is due to the presence of fibers that help the intestines to empty. The method of preparation is simple: the seeds must be soaked in kefir. There are several options for using the dish: you can substitute a late dinner, a medium meal or so eat all day. In addition to flaxseed, you can also use flour.
- Beetroot is used to make smoothies. To do this, grate it and mix with a glass of kefir. Beat the resulting mixture in a blender. You can try cooking diet beets. You can make a banana smoothie on kefir in the same way.
- Cucumber and kefir crumbs are a good option for a fasting day. You can add celery to taste, decorate the dish with fresh herbs: dill or parsley. Cucumbers also contain a useful substance - tartaric acid, which prevents the conversion of carbohydrates into fat. Therefore, those who want to lose weight should include cucumbers in their diet.
- Cinnamon and ginger. These spices are mixed with kefir and water. The main properties of such a drug are diuretic, laxative effect.
- Golden "milk" with the addition of turmeric. It is clear that we are losing weight and we will have to replace cow’s milk with kefir.
- Dilute kefir soda in the following proportions: per liter of drink - one teaspoon of soda and vegetable oil. This cocktail is good for bowel cleansing.
- Hercules also cleans the intestinal tract well. You can make a smoothie from oatmeal, prunes and linseed oil. It is best to drink in the morning on an empty stomach. Muesli can be poured in the same way.
- Chia seeds can be used for a diet shake. For a glass of kefir they will need 1-2 teaspoons.
- Eating bran is also aimed at cleansing the gut.
How to get out of kefir diet
At the end of the diet, try to use a variety of low-calorie foods for your diet. Let proper nutrition (PP) become your way of life so you don’t have to “sit” on a hard diet anymore.
Reviews and results of those who have lost weight
Most reviews on the Internet say that with the help of this program it is quite possible to lose weight. People lose 3 to 12 pounds in a relatively short period of time. But everyone writes that the weight is coming back. And all due to the fact that they do not burn fat, but the excess fluid goes away (we have already talked about that). So is it worth subjecting your body to such severe torture? This can hardly be of much use.
Kefir diet - not effective, does not give satiety, is not balanced. Its frequent abuse creates restrictive eating disorders. But only occasionally or regularly use kefir - most of us are quite possible.