Diet against gout and high uric acid: what can and what can't you eat? Competent diet for gout is the same element of therapy as medications, physiotherapy and therapeutic exercises. The use of prohibited products reduces the effectiveness of therapy, fills cells with purines and causes active production of uric acid. The result is increased discomfort, severe joint pain, increased swelling and poor blood counts.
When designing a treatment regimen, the doctor reminds the patient how important a diet of gout and high uric acid is, what is possible and what is not. A table of foods that positively and negatively affect the metabolism of uric acid in the body will help you compile a gout menu for each day.
The main point of diet gout is to control the production and excretion of uric acid. Such a food system helps to improve well-being and reduce pain, as a result of which the disease recedes.
The consequences of insufficient diet for gout include:
- kidney disease (gout nephritis);
- development of renal failure;
- arterial hypertension and damage to the cardiovascular system;
- damage to other internal organs by the formation of gout nodules (heart, lungs, brain) in them; atherosclerosis;
- damage to all joints and development of erosive arthritis.
It should be noted that this diet does not cure, but only promotes the accelerated release of acid and salt during the worsening of osteoarthritis. It also significantly reduces body weight, which plays an important role in the body's recovery after serious drug therapy.
Diet 6E is a variety of Table 6. It is prescribed for similar indications for obese patients. The energy value was reduced to 1950-2000 Kcal (protein content 70 g, fat 80 g, carbohydrate 250 g).
Basically, the consumption of simple carbohydrates (fresh wheat bread, sugar, honey, sweets, sweets and flour products) and less complex carbohydrates (cereals) is reduced. Meat intake is limited to 1-2 times a week. Meals in small portions (partial) up to 5-6 times a day, abundant fluid intake, especially weakly alkaline mineral waters.
Vegetables and fruits are best eaten raw, but can be baked and cooked. Since the diet is physiologically incomplete, it can be prescribed for a period not exceeding 2 weeks.
Nutritional guidelines for gout
It is important to follow a few guidelines for shaping your daily diet. Diet against gout and high uric acid - what you can and can't do includes the following rules:
- Eat real fat. When reducing the level of animal fats in the diet, include vegetable oils, especially olive, sunflower, corn oil.
- Lose weight. Being overweight worsens the course of the disease, causes kidney dysfunction, excludes the possibility of normal excretion of uric acid. If you are overweight, reduce the energy value of your diet.
- Drink a lot. In the absence of edema and normal renal function, copious fluid intake is recommended. It is important to drink at least two and a half liters of fluid a day, including plain water with the addition of lemon juice, as well as fruit and berry juices, herbal teas, rosehip decoction and milk.
- Take a multivitamin. It is especially important to use a sufficient amount of vitamins C, PP and B2 to improve the condition.
- Eat foods that alkalize your urine. This includes almost all fresh fruits and berries. Their value in the diet also lies in the high content of potassium, which has a diuretic effect.
- Drink alkaline mineral water. It alkalizes urine, which makes its composition active against uric acid. The alkaline reaction of urine helps dissolve dangerous compounds and reduces the risk of disease progression.
- Turn off alcohol. Alcohol disrupts kidney function, which eliminates the possibility of excreting uric acid from the body. Even their periodic intake can cause seizures and worsening.
- Reduce salt content. The salt itself contributes to the deposition of uric acid crystals in the joints. Its increased content in food reduces the intensity of urine excretion and causes edema, which eliminates the diuretic effect required during exacerbations. Reduce salt intake to a minimum.
It is also worth arranging fasting days. Free your body from heavy foods once a week. What’s good for you is a one-day mono diet on low-purine foods. In summer, arrange fasting days on watermelons that perfectly remove uric acid and salts from the body. Use a mono diet of cucumbers and apples in spring and fall. Potatoes are good in winter. All of these foods are rich in potassium and fiber which are valuable to you.
Diet for gout during exacerbation
During gout exacerbation, a properly chosen diet will help get rid of unpleasant painful symptoms and restore mobility that a person loses during the development of inflammation. Meat and fish products can be completely excluded from the menu.
The gout diet includes more frequent fasting days (every other day). In case of deterioration, you can use the following menu one day:
- On an empty stomach: half a glass of preheated alkaline mineral water or a decoction of rose hips (chicory can be used).
- Breakfast: half a portion of oatmeal (must be liquid), a glass of milk.
11 hours: 1 glass of apple juice. Instead, you can eat raw apples (1 pc. ).
- Lunch: vegetable puree soup (half a serving), milk-based jelly.
17: 00: carrot or tomato juice (glass).
- Dinner: half a portion of liquid milk rice porridge, 1 cup of fruit compote (strawberries, pears, apples).
21: 00: glass of kefir.
- For the night: tea with milk and honey (not desirable for diabetes) or green tea without sugar - 1 cup.
This menu can be used until the symptoms of inflammation in the legs disappear.
What can you eat from gout?
Gout is a complex disease that requires a responsible attitude and adherence to the principles of good nutrition. Therefore, it is necessary to understand what you can eat with gout. The product table will help us with that.
Diet against gout and high uric acid - what you can eat, table with food:
|List of foods you can eat:||Usage features:|
|Black or white bread, uncomfortable pastries.|
|Marshmallow, jam, jam, marshmallow, no chocolate, ice cream.|
|Cereals with milk, vegetarian borscht, potato soups with added cereals, salads of fresh and pickled vegetables, vinaigrette, vegetable caviar, vegetables, milk sauce or sour cream.||In this case the milk should be diluted.|
|Oranges, tangerines, green apples, dates, khaki, dried fruits (except raisins), strawberries, lemons, apricots, pears.||Of course, you shouldn't just eat fruit in large quantities. Meals should be complete and varied.|
|Dill, corn, beets, onions, garlic, potatoes, carrots, cabbage, cucumbers, zucchini, eggplant, tomatoes, pumpkins (helps improve metabolism).||Garlic is most useful because it helps eliminate the inflammatory process. In addition, vegetables are actively used during the day of fasting. Potatoes and cucumbers have a large amount of potassium, so they increase the excretion of uric acid from the body.|
|All grains except legumes.||Beans are on the list of foods that should not be eaten, because they contain uric acid, and in large quantities.|
|Marine cephalopods, crabs, shrimps, lean fish (salmon, trout), squid.||This food is very useful for gout. The diet provides cooked fish, and it is desirable to drain the soup.|
|Rabbit, turkey, chicken.||Meat is eaten 2-3 times a week and no more than 170 g.|
You can drink: green tea, fruit and berry tea, milk and lemon tea, juice (any, even tomato), herbal teas, fruit drinks, fruit and berry compotes, fresh cucumber juice, alkaline mineral water for gout also very useful, rosehip soup, chicory.
What should not be eaten with gout?
If a patient has an ankle lesion, you need to find out what you can't eat with gout. The fact is that during the diet some foods (even fruits) are not recommended to be consumed because they contain a certain amount of purines. It is impossible to cure or at least eliminate the symptoms without proper nutrition.
Diet against gout and high uric acid - what not to eat, table with food:
|Meat and Poultry||smoked, raw smoked and cooked sausages, small sausages, sausages, meat of young animals, fatty pork, offal (lungs, liver, kidneys), canned food|
|Dairy products, eggs||salty and spicy cheeses|
|Seafood, fish||fatty, salty, smoked or fried fish (sardines, sprats, cod), caviar|
|Cereals||lentils, beans, soybeans, beans|
|Sweets||cream cakes, pastries|
|Dishes||meat, fish or mushroom soup, pickle soup, as well as dishes with the addition of legumes and spinach; sauces based on the above broths, mayonnaise|
|Spices||pepper, mustard, horseradish, hot spices|
|Fruits, berries||grapes, figs, raspberries|
No need to drink: any alcohol, especially beer and wine; coffee, cocoa, strong tea (despite the fact that the presented drinks contain purines, they are not broken down into uric acid, however they have a strong diuretic effect that contributes to dehydration).
Example of a gout menu
Therapeutic diet for gout reduces the risk of recurrence of the disease, relieves pain and normalizes the urinary system. In addition, such a food system contributes to the normalization of body weight and is one of the principles of a healthy lifestyle.
Diet for gout and high uric acid - work and do not, sample menu:
- Before meals: a glass of rosehip soup.
- 1 breakfast: tea with milk, cabbage salad.
- 2 breakfasts: vegetable juice.
- Lunch: borscht with vegetable soup, a piece of cooked meat with white sauce (not more than 100 gr. )
- Afternoon snack: a glass of pomegranate soup.
- Dinner: buckwheat with milk, vegetable rolls.
- Before bed: fruit juice.
- Before meals: a glass of rosehip soup.
- 1 breakfast: tea with milk, beetroot salad topped with butter or sour cream.
- 2 breakfasts: vegetable juice.
- Lunch: vegetable soup with barley, cabbage steak.
- Afternoon snack: fruit juice.
- Dinner: carrot chops, jelly.
- Before bed: watermelon or a glass of yogurt.
The list of dishes can be combined, remember that the effect of diet therapy can be achieved and strengthened for a long time only if it is fully observed.
Gout recipes are very easy to prepare and do not require any special preparation or a specific set of foods. Anyone can repeat them at home.
Light soup puree
1 carrot, 1 onion, mushrooms, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, ½ teaspoons sugar, 2 tablespoons sunflower oil, 30 g cream
Peel and chop the vegetables. Put boiled carrots and onions in a pot with heated oil, put on the fire, simmer for 7-8 minutes. Add the spinach leaves and blend until pureed. Add lemon juice, sugar and bring to a boil, put the cream on a plate when serving.
3 chicken eggs, 100 g semolina, 100 g sugar, 2 packs of fresh cheese, 200 g low-fat sour cream, dried fruit, salt, soda, quenched with lemon juice.
Mix all ingredients thoroughly, add 0, 5 teaspoons of baking soda, quenched with lemon juice, raisins. Pour the resulting mass into the prepared baking dish and bake in the oven at 180 degrees until it becomes light yellow.
Steamed chicken meatballs with sauce
Chicken fillet 350 g, 70 g onion, 30 ml milk, 1 chicken egg, 150 g boiled rice, 70 g white bread, pepper. Salt, herbs. For the sauce: 150 g carrots, 200 ml chicken soup, 50 g greens, 70 g onions, vegetable oil, 50 g sour cream, 15 g wheat flour, salt, pepper, green onions to serve.
Cut the chicken fillet, put it in a blender, add the onion, raw chicken egg and bread soaked in milk, pepper, dried dill. Grind thoroughly. Add the boiled cold rice, fine table salt and knead the minced meat for the meatballs, let it stand for 20 minutes in the refrigerator. Form meatballs and cook for a couple of 6-8 minutes. Saute onion and carrot, add chicken soup, herbs, wheat flour, salt to taste, sour cream. Heat over low heat. Put steamed meatballs in the finished sauce and cook for another 5-6 minutes, sprinkle with green onions.
Eggplant and minced meat casserole
Eggplant, flour, vegetable oil, onion, garlic, minced meat, tomato paste, cheese, cream, black pepper, salt.
Sprinkle sliced eggplant slices with salt, pepper to taste, roll in flour and fry a little in vegetable oil on both sides. Add garlic and garlic until golden brown, add minced meat and simmer for 3 minutes. Add tomato paste, pepper and salt and water (1/2 cup) Simmer for another 2 minutes. Place the eggplants, minced meat and grated cheese in layers, pour over the cream and bake for half an hour in a preheated oven, temperature - 180˚С.
Pumpkin puree soup
Water - 1 liter, pumpkin (before the peel) - 500 g, butter - 2 tbsp. l. , rice - 2 tbsp. l. , milk - 2 tbsp, sugar - 1 tbsp. l. , salt - on the tip of a knife.
Put diced pumpkin, washed rice, salt and sugar in a pan, add water and cook until soft. Pour the melted butter over the butter, rub everything through a sieve or grind with a blender and pour in the boiled milk. Bring the soup to a boil and fill with the cooked cream.
To avoid nauseating symptoms, seek medical attention at the first sign of warning and strictly follow all doctor's recommendations. Including those related to dietary adjustments. Composing the right menu will help an experienced nutritionist who will tell you what you can eat with an increased concentration of uric acid and which foods you should give up forever.